My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Piece of Her


Piece of Her
2009
diptych [18x18]x2
acrylic and spray paint on wood panel


Here's my piece actually in the show "Idol worship" at Art of Framing Gallery.

I personally do not worship anyone but I was interested to create an image about an idol who lives here and now and who is very controversial - Britney Spears.

I started to look for information about her on the internet. I read the lyrics of the song "Piece of Me". I've heard that song before, but I never really paid attention.
This song, about her life being scrutinized by the paparazzi, inspired the title of my piece and gave me the idea to make a diptych, cutting her body into 2 pieces.

Art of Framing Gallery
"Idol Worship" runs through the month of March.
3333 Adams Avenue
(Normal Heights)
San Diego 92116

619.563.9770

No comments: