My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Movers and Shakers II / The portrait I made of Lynn Susholtz, director of Art Produce Gallery


Lynn Susholtz, 2009, acrylic on canvas, 6x[24"x24"] - total size 78"x51"

Organized by The San Diego Visual Arts Network (SDVAN), "Movers and Shakers" phase II was launched today on the SDVAN website. The new series of portraits will be exhibited in January 2010 at Art Expressions Gallery in Clairemont, San Diego.

I painted a portrait of Lynn Susholtz, the director of Art Produce Gallery. By now the people who read my blog know that I like her energy and all the things she does for the community! So it was a pleasure for me to work on her portrait.

In the past year, I took a lot of photos at Art Produce during the openings and with my children I attended art classes Lynn teaches at the recreation center in North Park. So I had a lot of images to work and play with. I also needed photos of her, so one morning we had a photo shoot which took place inside the gallery, in her work space and outside on the parking lot, in front of a mural. In the background, I stamped texts Lynn wrote and quotes she uses in her website(s).

No comments: