My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Working on my upcoming solo show "C'est la Vie" at the SDAI



It is amazing to work on the deck outside of the house. This canyon is a little heaven. Always changing, depending on what flowers are blooming, always busy with birds. My neighbor's cat comes every day to check if there are some interesting lizards to chase.

The series of paintings which will be exhibited at the San Diego Art Institute in June is almost done. I am still working on a few a them. They are all square, have different sizes and depths. I still have to do a large painting on the wall of the gallery. I will have four days to complete the work. It hope it will be enough! It is a monochrome painting, with quite a few silhouettes in it. In the last issue of the magazine "Dwell", I found an interesting article about "green" paints with beautiful qualities and I will use one of them to paint the wall.

This time I worked specifically for the space of the gallery. I have a lot of photos from my
last year's solo show and it helped me figure out something completely different this time.

We'll see how it goes but the contrast between the colored series of small square paintings and the large monochrome painting in the background should be interesting.

C'est la Vie / Michele Guieu Solo show
San Diego Art Institute (SDAI)
June 5 - July 12, 2009
Opening reception June 12, from 6 to 8

No comments: