My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Defragmentation 66 @ 66 South First Street in San Jose / SOUTH FIRST FRIDAYS


Working on the installation


I am very excited to participate in the South First Fridays this Friday in San Jose with my first installation in the area. I am installing Defragmentation 66 in a store front, 66 South First Street. 66 South First Street is part of the Phantom Galleries program in San Jose.
The installation (mural, paintings and videos) will be on view from the street for 3 months.

About Defragmentation 66
“Defragmentation 66” is an adaptation of the last installation I’ve made in San Diego: “Defragmentation: Rearranging Bits and Pieces of Memory”. It is an ongoing project and the occasion to reflect on bits and pieces of my memories, as I am recalling/documenting them.

The project originated when I was about to leave San Diego after living there for 6 years. I thought about the different times I’ve left a place in my life.

Defragmentation 66 is the first installation I am showing in San Jose since I’ve moved and it represents a link between the two towns – and beyond. The installation is on a smaller scale but uses some essential elements featured in the first version of the show: an ensemble of paintings, a painted background and videos.

The videos in “Defragmentation 66” are new memories and were taken here, in the bay area. The address number where the show is held, 66, is an interesting symbol in my life: the first time I came to the US, that’s the road I traveled on.


LinkPhantom Galleries
408.271.5151
Phantom Galleries is produced by Two Fish Design, in partnership with the
San Jose Downtown Association and the San Jose Redevelopment Agency.


This Friday, In addition to the South FIRST FRIDAYS monthly art walk, South FIRST FRIDAYS presents the 4th Annual SubZERO Festival.
Friday June 3, 2011 from 6pm-midnight SoFA district in downtown San Jose (on South First Street between San Carlos & Reed Streets)

South First Fridays
6pm ’til midnight — ART WALK venues are free and open to the public

No comments: