My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

Digital work


A Time to Heal #10, 2008, 24"x24" [50cmx50cm], digital print

The digital images and the paintings have a lot in common. But in my digital work I have a tendency to be more abstract, and the people are not recognizable. People evolve in empty spaces, which for me are desert-like, when the light is so strong that everything disappears – it comes from memories of my teenage years when I spent time in Mauritania, in the Saharan Desert, where vast oceans of almost white sand literally burn under the sun. It is a unique sensation where the landscape can dissolve around you, and if someone walks a few feet away from you, it looks that the person is floating: there is no longer a precise border between the ground and the sky.

No comments: