My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Life at the border


The Border, San Diego-Tijuana

I cannot believe that a few miles from here, and almost daily, people continue to die in the desert trying to cross the border. I wanted to see the wall between Mexico and the U.S. And so a few months ago I went there. I left the car in the south of the Tijuana River National Estuarine Research Reserve and I walked the short distance up to the wall which, at this point, is an assemblage of old metallic plaques. I took a lot of pictures. Then I painted "The Border".
As an artist, it is impossible for me not be influenced by what is going on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your photograph the fence resembles a serpent.

Mélanie said...

l'art et la "vie " ensemble dans un tableau pour porter un message ...
Le travail de l'artiste depuis la nuit des temps ..
fantastique !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!