My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

The "no glue" construction table





We go every Thursday to Lynn's class in North Park. There is a table the children seem to particularly like: the "no-glue" table. On that table there are materials to build things without glue. The children can use toothpicks, pieces of foam, foam plates, cornstarch peanuts, pipe cleaners, leaves, pieces of colored paper, images from magazines.

They enjoy their time, just building "things", finding the way to connect the elements without gluing them. They are very concentrated on what they are working on.

I am watching them.

I cannot help wondering about a lot of things I am doing or I am not doing for them, with them.
I would like them to love themselves and to be able to give a lot of love.
I would like them to always SEE a leaf in the wind, a bird in a tree, a shimmering river.
I would like them not to become cruel and/or cynical, destructive and/or self destructive.
I hope they will stay passionate and enthusiastic.
I hope they will always want to discover more.

I hope they are enjoying the journey, it is not a rehearsal, it is the only one we have.



North Park Recreation Center
Art Class for Children - Free
Teacher:
Lynn Susholtz
Every Thursday from 4:00 to 5:00pm
4044 Idaho Street
San Diego, CA 92104
(619) 235-1152

No comments: