My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

At the community park - Fatima


















Fatima

I am at the park with the kids. I am taking pictures. A woman that I did not see coming says to me:
"Take me picture!"

I see her, a smiling woman.

"Hi! You want me to take a picture of you?"

"Yes, take me picture!"

"Ok!"

"For my daughter. I am Fatima. Me from Ankara, Turkey. Turkey, Istanbul. You know Ankara?

"No, I've never been there."

"Beautiful. San Diego beautiful too. I love San Diego. My son in Utah, very cold. Very cold. Him not happy. too cold."

"How long have you lived here?"
"Ten years. And you? You from...?"

"France, I live here now. I arrived in San Diego 4 years ago."
"Hooo, France beautiful too! Tickets too expensive to go there. Me not see my family in Ankara."
"My mother is coming to visit
soon."
"Very good! You lucky. We can take the picture now. Here."

"OK".

I take a photo, and another one.

"Good, good, that's good."
"How will I give you the print?"

"Me come every day."

"OK, I will leave an envelop at the office of the recreation center for you, Fatima, with your name on the envelop."
"Good, good, you kind, very kind."

"Maybe I will see you around but I prefer to leave the photo at the office because I do not come very often to this park these days."
"good. Your name?"

"Michele."

"Oh, Michele! My son is Michel! Michele, Michel, beautiful!
Me go now. Bye Bye. Thank you."
"Bye Bye Fatima."

Fatima puts her hand on her heart, says something (I do not understand), and leaves, still smiling.

No comments: