My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

"Collaborations" and Jett Gallery


From left to right: Andrea Chamberlin, Ellen Dieter,
Tim Field, Shahla Dorafshan
Richard Messenger
and Kerstin Robers



I Went Friday night to the San Diego Art Institute to see the "Collaborations" show at the San Diego Art Institute (see my previous post). I took a series of photos of the six involved in the portraits: the three portrayed and the three artists. It was not easy but quite fun, a lot of excitement was in the air!

San Diego Art Institute
1439 El Prado San Diego, CA 92101 (619) 236-0011













I left the SDAI quite late, but I still had time to go see Sean Brannan and Joshua Krause at Jett Gallery, on Kettner Street (it was Kettner Nights). Never been there before, beautiful space.
I talked to a friend from the preschool were my children were going to a few years ago. She and her husband are close friends to the owner of the gallery and artist Joey Vaiasuso. She is very enthusiastic about the gallery, which is always good to hear. So I met him and we talked for a while. In the show he has two large minimalist sculptures. I am always wondering how an artist can be
at the same time the owner of a gallery, it's certainly quite an amount of energy and also a little bit like having two heads!

Jett Gallery
989 W. Kalmia
San Diego, CA, 92101
info@jettgallery.net

No comments: