My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dali's house in Port Lligat, Spain


Dali's house in Port Lligat, where he lived and painted
from 1930 to 1982

My mother sent me those pictures. She just came back from Spain where she visited Dali's house, 100 kilometers away from Barcelona. I went there in my childhood. My parents were fascinated by Dali's work.

The family often took trips to Spain in Fall or Spring, and although I do not remember Dali's house (I may have been too young), I remember my first strong encounter with paintings: I was 6 or 7, it was in Madrid, in the Museo Del Prado, I was mesmerized by Jerome Bosch, specially "The Garden of Earthly Delights". I was standing very close to the paintings and I could see all the amazing (and disturbing) details.

I also remember El Greco, I thought the gaze of the people in the paintings were following me while I was walking.


I remember the calm. Except in the museums and towns, it was very calm. The fishermen villages were not crowded, the beaches almost empty, like on these pictures.












The Dali Theatre-Museum in Figueras


All photos: courtesy Denise Guieu

Dali's House in Port Lligat
Dali's Museum-Theatre in Figueras

No comments: