My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Between my last solo show and now


Mac 2000, Espace Eiffel, Paris, France

The last solo exhibition I had was in 2000 in Paris where I exhibited paintings and monotypes. Between 1999 and 2004, I travelled to New Mexico and Arizona for a few months, met my husband in Santa Fe, went back and forth between Paris and Santa Fe, worked at the Printmaking Center at the College of Santa Fe on a series of monotypes, got married, moved from Paris to New Mexico, then moved to Austin Texas, where I worked on a new series of monotypes at Flatbed Press, participated in different group shows in galleries, had a first child, moved to Charlottesville, Virginia, had a second child, and finally moved to San Diego, California, in 2004, were I settled down with my family. I started a new series of paintings in January 2005, and a few months after, I started to work on digital images.

After moving frequently (due to my husband’s work), meeting different people, experiencing different climates and being immersed in a different language, I appreciate continuing my journey in San Diego, where I have found a rhythm in my work while living next to the ocean and the desert, which are my balance. After spending four years here, relationships can mature and I feel like I belong to a community.

But I have enjoyed all of the places where I have lived. I do not miss Paris, though I miss my friends and my family, and I remember the comfort and familiarity of the place where I lived for twenty years: a solid network of people, a web of trust and friendship throughout the town and beyond!

It takes time to do it all over again!

No comments: