My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

The monster and the Tree



Today was a “small sculptures day” at the house. That is what I really enjoy about being an artist and having children: everyday they come up with new ideas - easily it seems to me - and what they do inspires me, inspires my work. There is a lot of freshness and a lot of joy when they create something. For years before having them, I was thinking “there is no way I can do my art and have children, it is not compatible.” In fact now I think it is, and I can tell that my work took a different path when I started to paint again after having both of my children. It changed my perspective on life, my way to see things. It gave me energy –even if sometimes I feel that I don’t have enough to do all the things I want to do.


I will never know what would have been my path if I did not have kids, but what I know is that having them brought me unexpected developments in my artistic practice.

No comments: