My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Salon Series at The San Diego Museum of Art



When I was invited a few months ago by Alexander Jarman (SDMA) and David White (Agitprop) to participate in the Summer Salon Series at the San Diego Museum of Art, I was thrilled and honored but very quickly came a lot of questions! One of them was "How will I deal with such a huge space?".

The more I was thinking about it, the more I wanted to do something linked to the museum's collection itself. I wanted to use what the museum has to offer. I spent some time in the museum's galleries, taking pictures of the permanent collection. Then, I started working on them and imagine how I could use them in projections or a video, or prints.

In the program of the Summer Salon Series, some of the Thursdays are very busy, some less. For a while I was the only artist invited for July 8. I thought it was very important to share that night with more artists and to bring together the best energy possible.

I am excited that Lori Lipsman joined with a very interesting workshop also linked to the museum's permanent collection. Jivaro, instrumental contemporary abstract group (guitar, drum and viola) will play on the first floor. Joey Hill will give a 4 part talk on Ludwig von Mises titled "A Contemporary Look at the Last Knight of Classical Liberalism: Ludwig von Mises". There will be silk screened prints made in the museum, during the night, by Claudia Hill.

Please come and enjoy a one night only event at the San Diego Museum of Art!
The Summer Salon Series - Thursday, July 8, from 6 to 9.

The San Diego Museum of Art
The Summer Salon Series (every Thursday a different event during the summer 2010)
1450 El Prado
San Diego, CA

Members free, otherwise $12
No host bar at the event

No comments: