My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Do what you see, not what you know



A self-portrait project with my son's kindergarten class. It is the beginning of the year and I am already doing art projects with them! But they are growing really fast and it is quite a pleasure to spend some time in their company. Yesterday they finished a series of self-portraits. I worked with two children at the same time, after lunch. We took our time, so I needed to be at school for quite a few sessions.

Our material was colored paper and glue. The idea was to use shredded paper and not crayons. Each children had a mirror and looked at their face. I asked them to really look, to try to see the different shapes of the different features. I asked them to try to do what they were seeing in the mirror, not what they knew about a nose, a mouth, an eye or an eyebrow. It was interesting to watch them looking intensely at themselves in the mirror, touching their mouth or their nose, following lines and also making all sorts of faces.

I do not have much time these days, very interesting things are happening to me and I do not know how to do all the things I have to do. But one thing is certain: I will find the time to give some of my time to the children.

No comments: