My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ray at Night / Saturday September 13



Art Produce Gallery presents
Urban Detritus / Pigment on surface
Paintings by Josh Flood as KAI ONE.

If you are in San Diego, do not miss the opening reception and performance with Kai One and Kevin Freitas, I think it will be extremely interesting!
September 13, from 6 to 9pm. Performance begins at 7pm.
In July 2008, Kai One posted an amazing article in Art As Authority titled "Avoiding Catatonic Surrender".
[...] "I suddenly stopped at a rusted red oxide CNW boxcar and had my first ever epiphany in graffiti. It was awakened inside me by a simple line drawing made with white paint stick. It was a picture of a man with a cowboy hat and had a caption underneath that read “Avoiding Catatonic Surrender”. Suddenly everything made sense. When people would ask why I wrote my name over and over again like a simple child I had the perfect answer: avoiding catatonic surrender. Suddenly my life was okay for a brief moment and all the frustrations and disappointments of real life slipped away as we walked over the jagged rocks and breathed in the dank air. I felt the beads of sweat drip down my face and as I got back into my car I knew that I would never be the same ever again. I asked my little buddy if he knew who did the Avoiding Catatonic Surrender drawing and he said it was The Colossus of Roads."[...]

Art Produce Gallery

3139 University Avenue
San Diego - North Park






Adapta Project and Art As Authority present:
Richard Gleaves and Alberto Gutierrez


"Richard Gleaves the San Diego artist whose shown with Adapta, Art Produce and Simayspace and will be presenting a new installation "Eat".
Alfredo Gutierrez the self-taught Tijuan artist and architect will be presenting his "labio leporino" series plus new works."

4 Walls Gallery

3813 Ray Street
San Diego - North Park





I will have some paintings at Union Bank on University Avenue, just for that night! Please swing by before of after the performance at Art Produce Gallery (I have to find a way to go see the performance too!).

Union Bank - from 6 to 8pm.
2927 University Avenue
San Diego, CA 92104

No comments: