My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

KAI ONE (Josh Flood) talks about "Urban Detritus"


Work in progress in the gallery

Thursday, September 11, I decided to go see KAI ONE working on the installation of his show at Art Produce Gallery in North Park. I was there around 9:30. Kai was just starting working but he had already worked a lot the previous days. I did not want to bother him but I was very curious to see the work in progress and to ask him about what "Urban Detritus"-his how at Art Produce- is about. I am impressed by the work, the energy Kai puts in it, the very unique way he mixes the elements which make his vocabulary. I don't know much about his story but through some writings I read I can sense that his life so far (and he is only in his mid-twenties) has not been a quiet journey.
I took some short videos. Here are two of them.









The twins towers are a recurrent theme
in Kai's newest work.











One of Kai's sketch books












On the left, two of Kai's fanzines,
on the right Colossus of The Roads' "memoir"

Urban Detritus
KAI ONE & Kevin Freitas
September 13 - October 12
Art Produce Gallery
3139 University Avenue
San Diego, CA 92104

No comments: