My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Is today a sad day?


Freedom #1, 2008, digital print, 24"x24" [50x50cm]

Today is the fifth anniversary of the invasion of Iraq.
Today violence continued to erupt in Tibet.
Is today a sad day? If I say yes then every day is a sad day, because violence in the world never stops. At the same time I continue to live my life, to create my images, to paint. I understand that my work does not have to be dark because the world is dark. My work can bring some light. It does not mean I don’t care, it means I can do some good through some positive attitude. Being attentive to the flowers blooming in the canyon where I Iive does not mean I do not care for the world.
War and conflicts make me want to be a better person.

No comments: