My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Reclining Figure: Arch Leg


Today in Balboa Park

The other day I was reading an article about "Louise Bourgeois: a Retrospective", actually at the Centre George Pompidou, Paris. I was thinking that a few years ago I would not have missed it – I guess I saw each exhibition of her work in France when I was living in Paris. As the years go passing by, it seems to me that I need more peace, and her work, which in the past attracted me so much – and still shocks me for its violence and its disturbing message - interests me with a different intensity.

Today, as I walked in Balboa Park with some friends and children, in a sunny and bright afternoon resembling a summer day, I stopped in the garden next to the Walters Cafe of the San Diego Museum of Art. There, “Reclining Figure: Arch leg” by Henri Moore was laying in all its roundness and giving attitude and I felt lighter.

I sent the article about Louise Bourgeois to Ivan Sigg to see what he would say about it. He talked about her and her work and also about Henri Moore. Amongst other things, he wrote: “There is a true love for life in his work”. That is may be what I am looking for right now.

No comments: