My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Watching


Landscape 17, 2007, acrylic on canvas, 24"x48", [60x120cm]

I started incorporating my family in my work when I realized that one of the most important things happening in my life was happening right next to me. Watching my children grow makes me see the world differently. Interesting stories are unfolding every day. I am trying to listen to them, to really listen to them, which is very difficult. I am trying to shut down my thoughts about “the things I have to do” when they are around, when they want to explain to me something. They are totally in the present. I can see they do not anticipate much what they will do in the future, except of course all the dates we put their heads, like Christmas, Easter or their birthday. When we are doing something together, I really do my best not to talk about something else, or about something we will do in the future. I watch them doing things and they inspire me.

No comments: