My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

About this Blog: “Inspiration, etc…”


Sometimes I take notes in French,
sometimes in English, sometimes I mix both.

I am very interested in seeing exhibitions in San Diego and, when I can, in L.A. I need to see what is going on in contemporary art. I need to see what the artists create here and now and I want to see as much as I can. I am always interested in talking to an artist whose work interests me. I am excited by discovering new artists and new works. They inspire me. I do not create in a vacuum; I am influenced by all sorts of things, people and places. And I like to write about what I see (even if writing in English is a challenge for me!).

If I were still living in Paris I would not do the same work I am doing now. Today I live in southern California, it means a different weather, a different language, different habits, different borders. It means another culture, another angle to look at art history.

By going to see exhibitions, by writing about them in my blog, I am also supporting the art community here and this is very important to me.

No comments: