My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.micheleguieu.com/wordpress/inspiration/
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Push Pull at Art Produce Gallery


Art Produce Gallery





A few days ago I went to see "Push Pull" at Art Produce Gallery– it was almost the last day of the group exhibition of artists from San Diego and Victoria, BC. I really saw only one work: the strange hanging piece by Sandra Doore. The day I was in the gallery, there was no list, so I cannot tell if the piece has a title. It was not obvious either to know who did what unless you are very familiar with the artists' work. But without a doubt, the piece I was attracted to is from Sandra Doore. Made of slightly shimmering dark fabric, swollen and tightly sewed, the piece is beautiful to look at. It makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable but I see some humor in it. It is interesting to think about the piece she presented at the Art Tapout, during the live critic a few weeks ago:
Art Tapout Agitprop / Round 1: Sandra Doore - part 1
Art Tapout Agitprop / Round 1: Sandra Doore - part 2

Art Produce Gallery
3139 University Ave.
San Diego, CA 92104
lynn@artproducegallery.com

No comments: